Key Performance Indicators1
- Clean CCS Operating Result increased by 2% to EUR 818 mn
- Clean CCS net income attributable to stockholders amounted to EUR 377 mn, clean CCS Earnings Per Share were EUR 1.15
- Free cash flow after dividends at EUR 538 mn
- High cash flow from operating activities of EUR 1 bn
- Clean CCS ROACE at 13%
- Record level of production at 437 kboe/d, up by 103 kboe/d
- Production cost decreased by 17% to USD 7.4/boe
- OMV indicator refining margin at USD 4.8/bbl
- Natural gas sales increased to 33.0 TWh
- On April 29, 2018, OMV signed a concession agreement for the acquisition of a 20% stake in two fields offshore Abu Dhabi from ADNOC. The concession area consists of two offshore fields under development, Umm Lulu and Satah Al Razboot (SARB), as well as two satellite fields, Bin Nasher and Al Bateel. The agreed participation fee amounts to USD 1.5 bn and the duration of the contract is 40 years. The concession will be retroactively effective as of March 9, 2018.
- On March 15, 2018, OMV agreed to acquire Shell’s Upstream business in New Zealand comprising joint-venture interests in Pohokura (48%), the largest gas producing field in New Zealand, and Maui (83.75%) as well as related infrastructure for production, storage and transportation. The economic effective date of the transaction is January 1, 2018. The purchase price is USD 578 mn and subject to customary adjustments. The transaction is likely to be completed in 2018. OMV has also acquired Shell’s 60.98% interest in the Great South Basin exploration block (GSB). The transfer of GSB is effective immediately.
1 Figures reflect the Q1/18 period; all comparisons described relate to the same quarter in the previous year except where mentioned otherwise
OMV is producing and marketing oil and gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions – in a responsible way. With Group sales of EUR 20 bn and a workforce of around 20,700 employees in 2017, OMV Aktiengesellschaft is one of Austria’s largest listed industrial companies. In Upstream, OMV has a strong base in Romania and Austria and a balanced international portfolio, with the North Sea, the Middle East & Africa and Russia as further core regions. 2017 daily production stood at approximately 348,000 boe/d. In Downstream, OMV operates three refineries with a total annual processing capacity of 17.8 mn tonnes and more than 2,000 filling stations in ten countries as of year-end 2017. OMV operates a gas pipeline network in Austria and gas storage facilities in Austria and Germany. In 2017, gas sales volumes amounted to 113 TWh.